This may be one of the most asked questions that I receive from clients. And although the answer differs slightly from agency to agency, the truth is still the same, not as fast as you want it to go and that’s a good thing.
Normally it takes 10 to 14 weeks to go from inquiry to launch. Here’s why:
1. Good agencies are booked months out in advance
Once you sign up with our agency, your deposit secures your start date. That start date could be 1 to 3 months out. Trust me….this is a good thing.
We are high-quality service providers, meaning we are certified and trained to build beautiful websites that meet today’s standards. We don’t take shortcuts, and our websites are built with care.
As a result, our reputation has allowed us to book projects in advance. Basically, quality and time go hand in hand.
2. You need a month to do your client homework
When you start a project with us, we send you homework to complete. This homework must be completed 48 hours before your project start date. It includes:
- Client Intake Form: This short form allows us to get to know you and your lifestyle brand better.
- Branding questionnaire: This detailed survey asks you about your brand, its targeted audience, style, goals, and objectives. It also requires you to submit all brand fonts and imagery as well as a Pinterest board with things that inspire and represent your brand.
- Web Design Questionnaire: Another detailed form that asks you about the features you want to be integrated, your hosting information, and links to your content.
3. You need time to finalize content
We can’t start on any web project until your content is completed in advance. This means you’ll need the copy created for every single page of your website for us to begin.
Your content dictates our design, not the other way around.
4. Good design follows a process
Now once you’ve booked us and done your homework, it’s time to start on website design for your lifestyle brand.
Or process has is broken into 3 phases.
PHASE I: SETTING THE MOOD | 1 – 2 weeks
During this phase, we set the mood for your brand. Before we can move forward with the design process, we’ll need to create a mood board for you to review. The mood board sets the tone for your entire project and is based on the inspiration on your Pinterest board from your homework. If you have purchased our SEO addon, we’ll also need to create your sitemap and develop your SEO strategy
PHASE II: HOME SWEET HOME | 2 -3 weeks
This is where the magic happens! We’ll spend a few weeks doing web design & development, and marketing collateral design. This includes creating mocks, placing content, choosing images, and making everything beautiful.
PHASE III: TAKE IT AWAY | 2 weeks
Guess what? It’s all yours! Your brand has been completed and it’s ready to be shared with the world. For the next two weeks, you may have some questions or need some help. We won’t leave you hanging. During this phase, we will move your site to your domain, setup hosting, test, troubleshoot, and provide you with and any support you need. We are here to help and provide guidance as you launch your new website.
Summary: Quality Takes Time
So you see, quality web design takes time. Contact us today to join our client family..
Latest posts by Tierra Wilson (see all)
- 6 Ways to Stand Out in Business & Wow Your Customers - December 14, 2017
- How I Attracted a Guest Blogger Per Week to a New Blog That No One Knew About - December 9, 2017
- How Long Does it Take to Build A Website for a Lifestyle Brand? - November 22, 2017