This is a guest blog post by Jalia Pettis
As a single mother of three and entrepreneur, my morning routine is never the same.
I am meticulous when it comes to planners, notes and calendar events. Spontaneity seems to be a thing of the past as everyone has to arrange their schedules around me.
Amidst all the chaos I have a routine when it comes to my beauty regimen.
Why no makeup days should be in your routine
Weekdays are normally my business days and weekends my creative days, so I plan two days in which I am all natural. By “all natural” I mean absolutely no makeup and/or wearing my hair down and free from styling.
I know that may sound so strange but think about it for one moment…how many of us have gotten caught up in the stigma that we have to be “made up” every time we walk out of the door? It is not only liberating but necessary.
We allow our bodies to take a day to relax, but we must also treat our skin and hair the same. If you are shaking your head saying to yourself “No, I have to put on a little something,” then simply ease into it.
Pull back on that full face of makeup, flat iron or blow dryer each week by taking one step out away from the process. The makeup-no makeup look is on trend as is natural hair, don’t be afraid, lol.
The perfect beauty routine for busy women
Your day to day beauty routine should be seamless and take no more than 20-minutes.
Here are a few tips that can help save time and stress:
- Cleanse your skin twice a day; once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Exfoliate your skin twice a week; every three days is good so that you don’t overstimulate the skin and cause irritation.
- Moisturize your skin after each cleansing; heavier weighted moisturizers should be used in the evening versus the daytime unless you have dry skin. Moisturize your skin before putting on primer/makeup.
- Toner can be used as a primer before makeup and a setting spray after makeup application. It should be kept at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Apply a moisturizer to the lips right after cleansing the skin, so it has an opportunity to penetrate while you’re going through the other skincare steps.
- As the season’s change your foundation color should change to match your skin tone. Be sure to color match in the spring/summer and again in the fall/winter.
- When creating your makeup look pick one area of concentration; either eyes or lips. A bold eye and a bold lip can be a bit much.
- Comb through your lashes and brows daily and in the evening; it will help to tame unruly hairs.
- Trim hair at least once a month to prevent split ends and prevent breakage.
Also, your beauty routine should include some luxury whether it is a spa day, facial, deep conditioning treatment or pedicure. Once a month schedule that time for yourself just like you do a business meeting.
There is no excuse greater than “I don’t have time” when it comes to activities that will benefit self. Incorporating small changes will help build the foundation for a solid beauty routine.
The opinions, representations, and statements made within this guest article are those of the author and not of Tierra Wilson, LLC as a whole. Any copyright remains with the author and any liability with regard to infringement of intellectual property rights remain with them. The company accepts no liability for any errors, omissions or representations.
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Latest posts by Jalia Pettis (see all)
- Licensed Esthetician Shares The Perfect Beauty Routine for Busy Women - November 15, 2017