SHOP THE POST
Eeek! So very excited to introduce my new weekly post where I round up all the things I’m obsessed with. Each week there will be a distinct theme, and of course, this 100% relates to my current life.
This week I’m geeking out over my favorite summer salads. Living in Phoenix, I try to avoid hot foods in the summertime. It’s just too hot for soups and cooked food. It can get up to 120+ degrees here, and the last thing I want to be is hot on the outside AND the inside. So for me, this season is all about smoothies and salads. Luckily, my kids also adore salads, so it’s not too much of a conflict at dinner.
I wanted to share with you the salads I’ve tried this summer that I have found utterly freaking delightful. I hate monotonous salads. I like to pair unusual ingredients with fresh local favorites. I relish in mixing in fruits, nuts, and the occasional unexpected ingredients like yogurt or peas.
1. Berry Orange Spinach Salad with Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette (via Marie @yay_for_food – get the recipe here)
2. Asparagus, Goat Cheese, Lemon and Hazelnut Salad (also by a Marie @prouditaliancook … those Marie’s now their salads huh? Get the recipe here)
3. Avocado Greek Salad & Greek Salad Dressing (via Karina @cafedelites – recipe here)
4. The Best Ever Fruit Salad (via Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron – recipe here)
5. Parmesan Italian And Artichoke Salad With Zesty Red Wine Vinaigrette (via Ali @gimmesomeoven/ – recipe here)
6. Rosemary Chicken, Bacon And Avocado Salad (My absolute fave b/c chicken and bacon… duh! via @howsweeteats – recipe here)
I hope you enjoyed this week’s envy! Side note: One bonus I’m finding with my summer salad tradition, is that every season I find myself losing 10 to 15lbs entirely by accident. And it’s due to my insane focus to avoid the heat. It’s a pleasant surprise that I’m sure you will enjoy as well. Give it a try, for one week, substitute all your dinners with a delicious salad.
Latest posts by Tierra Wilson (see all)
- Creating A Hashtag Strategy That Works - February 13, 2018
- How to Choose The Right Colors for Your Lifestyle Brand - February 7, 2018
- How To Turn Your Side Hustle Into A Full-Time Gig - February 6, 2018